Monday, April 16, 2007

graduation


Graduation day was finally over…I know this is not the end but merely the beginning of the fulfillment of my dreams…

Years spent on the 4 corners of MARTS were finally over ... time really fly so fast, that we are now about to face the real world of medicine, though we were already exposed to it for almost a year during our clerkship…

As I was walking in the aisle, I can’t help myself but to think back on the days or years were everything was so far of reach…I admit, I don’t belong to the upper class…I am just an average student…hmm with autistic personality .. Haha …all I have was a very supportive family, ambitious dream, friends, and God.

At first I really don’t know where I’m heading for… at first I thought I was called to become a missionary (my close friends knew it), but one of my friends told me, isn’t it the most perfect way of touching the lives of the people…so that was it…

Medicine was not that easy…I know all of us had our ups and downs; we’ve created our own defenses just to survive, built new friendship that had somehow made us a better person; underwent trials that have made us strong; experienced circumstances that have somehow test our personalities and had somehow made us think to give up; there maybe broken relationships, sacrifices… But I know, it was worth the race…

I’m so blessed and feel lucky for choosing this arena…I thank God for letting all these things happen into my life…without Him I am nothing!

To my family especially to my parents:

I have gone through so many different stages, changing ideas and goals, while searching for the right kind of life for me..

You were always ready to help me at all times. It must have seemed like I would never follow one straight path…

Now that I know what I’m doing and where I am heading, I can only show you my extreme appreciation for your support and love by being true to all the ideals and values that you have taught me…I WILL LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU FOREVER..

To my friends:

I thank you for being there all the time… from my lowliest and to the happiest point of my life, you’re always there… I’m so thankful for accepting me without conditions…the friendship you had offered is precious treasure I can never exchange for something…whatever we have shared, it may be bad experiences or good ones, all those times were worth to be cherished, I have no regrets or whatsoever for knowing you all…congratulations guys! We still had a long, long way to go…so many trials that will test the strength of our friendship, but I believe what we have is enough to surpass it…God bless us all!

To our mentors:

Thank you for imparting the knowledge; for believing in us though sometimes we don’t give our best; for pushing us beyond our limits…thank you…

No comments: