Saturday, February 03, 2007


as the sun sets down, i ask myself, did i made a right choice? or is this the kind of life i'm looking for? as i spent my day to day life in the hospital, i slowly understand..that everything and everyone must be tested on fire so that they will realized there worth in life...
i admit, there are still times that i want to quit, that i do still shed tears, that i still doubt with my decision in entering the arena of medicine...but as hospital life continues, as i encounter different faces, different individuals, i realized...this is the kind of life i'm looking for...
being a doctor is not just a profession...its more than that... as an intern i learned that even just a little time spent to an old patient, or just a short conversation with them, it really means a lot to them. someone told me, "treat every patient you see as a person and with respect. it's more gratifying that they'll remember you for goodness, than receiving a salary." being a doctor means you have the power to touch someones life... it may be great or small..
so as the day closes, i told myself..."this is the life i'm looking for...i have no regrets or whatsoever for choosing this kind of life...i may have lost something. but i know everything's worth it...to those who have been with me in my trying times, i thank you guys....to those who have shared words of wisdom during my weakest point, i will always be thankful to you...

No comments: